Master of Technology Power Electronics (M. Tech. PE)
|Course conducted by||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT)|
|Campus||Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Majitar|
|Course Commences on||14 August 2014|
|Course duration||2 Yrs|
|Number of Seats||18|
|Last Date of Application||9 August 2014|
- Degree in Electrical/Electronics & Communication/Telecommunication/Instrumentation Engineering, as applicable, with a minimum of 55% marks. (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC)
- Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates. Any unsubscribed seats after admission of GATE qualified candidates will be filled up on the basis of an entrance test to be conducted by the Institute on its campus.
- Preference will be given to sponsored candidate from government or private organization with not less than one year industrial or field experience/ teaching or research experience in the relevant area.
Infrastructure / Facilities
Accommodation: The institute is fully residential with separate hostels for boys and girls, and provides excellent accommodation to over 2500 students. The hostel rooms are two-seaters, well furnished, and have attached bathrooms with hot water supply. There is a students' mess and a canteen providing vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals. Recreation rooms with TVs, separate gymnasiums for boys and girls and sports facilities are available. Telephone facilities are available in each hostel. It is mandatory for all students to stay in the SMIT Hostel.
- Extension Counter of Union Bank of India.
- ATM of UTI & UBI Bank
- Post Office.
- Telephone Exchange.
- Stationery Shop.
- Binding, Lamination, Xerox Shop and PCO.
- Blue Dart & DTDC courier service.
Industry Orientation / Projects & Placements
Students pursue project training in many premier industrial/research establishments such as: TCS, Tata Technologies, HCL, Titan Industries, BARC, WEBEL Mediatronics, Skytech Solutions, CATS, Cognizant Technologies, Steaslit Industries, Reliance Telecom, Telco, NHPC, ISRO, Manipal Infocom, ISI, Reliance Infocom, Bharti Telecom, ECE Elevators, Carrier Air Conditioners and HCL Infinet, E- Revmax and Lakhotia Enterprises, Greaves, Acer, MEMG, Manipal Infocom, SNIP, VECC, Jadavpur / Calcutta University among others.
Training & Placement
Training & Placement department is the hub of all interaction between the corporate, industries, and Academic/Research Institutions, with Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMIT). The department functions with the following objectives
- To provide in-plant Training to students to supplement their curriculum.
- To arrange the final semester industrial projects to work on live problems (Practice Schools).
- To bring Industrial establishments to the campus for recruitment of students. To achieve these objectives, the cell organizes courses and training programmes to enhance the aptitude and skill of the students to increase employability. Regular feedbacks are also obtained from the industries on the advances in technology vis-à-vis the facilities in the Institute and appropriate actions are taken.
Teacher Guardian Scheme: Yet another unique scheme of the institute is the teacher guardian scheme. Under this, each student is allotted a specific teacher guardian who provides emotional support, monitors academic performance, provides necessary guidance to the ward and communicates all such details regularly to the parents of the ward. This scheme has received tremendous support from students and parents alike.
|Last date for receipt of application form||9 August 2014|
|Counseling/Admission at SMIT||8th & 13th August 2014|
|Commencement of first semester||14 August 2014|
Admission ProcedureCandidates should sit in any one of the following entrance tests:-
- GATE Examination
- Screening Test conducted at SMIT by the concerned Department. (While preparing the merit, 50% weightage is given to aggregate marks obtained in BE/B.Tech and 50% weightage for marks obtained in screening test).
- Entrance examination conducted by Manipal University, Manipal.
Mode of Payment
- The fee should be remitted by a demand draft in favour of “Sikkim Manipal University” payable at Gangtok.
- Parents who are unable to pay fees by DD can deposit their ward’s fee through cash by depositing the same in the bank through bank challan available with Finance Department.