Master of Physiotherapy (MPT)
The duration of the course is 2 academic years. Sikkim Manipal College of Physiotherapy is the only college that run Master of Physiotherapy in the entire North Eastern region.
|Course conducted by||Sikkim Manipal College of Physiotherapy (SMCPT)|
|Campus||Sikkim Manipal University, Tadong, Gangtok|
|Specialty and elective subjects offered are:||
|Fees (Indicative) per annum||Rs. 1,71,000 /- (General)|
|Course Commences on||August 20, 2014|
|Course duration||2 Years|
|Number of Seats||12|
|Last Date of Application||29 June 2014|
- Must have passed Bachelor of Physiotherapy examination from full time, in-campus BPT course program from an institution/university duly recognized by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists
- Should have secured a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate for all candidates
- Candidates who are presently doing their BPT internship is also eligible to apply, but their admission to the course program is subject to their internship completion on or before 31ST July 2013
Submission of Application FormsInstructions should be read very carefully before filling the application form. Completed application form along with the copies of necessary documents in support of claim in any reserved category should be dispatched to the admission officer. The detail of address is:
|Counselling / Admission||15 July 2014|
Number of Seats in Different Categories:
|Sikkim Govt.||General||North East||Defence||NRI/NRI Sponsored||Students from Mnaipal||SMU Staff|
MPT with Specialty
1.MPT Orthopedics :Manual therapy & sports Physiotherapy
2.MPT Neurological sciences:Adult & paediatrics Physiotherapy
3 MPT Cardiopulmonary Sciences:Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
4. MPT Community Based Rehabilitation:Industrial health & women’s health
|2||6||Nil||1 Alternating with SMU Staff||1||2||1 Alternating with Defence|
Last date of application form to be submitted June 29 2013. Counseling for admission to Sikkim Manipal College of physiotherapy will be held on July 15,2013 at Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok.Admission will be based on the inter-se merit of the candidates on the basis percentage of aggregate marks secured in BPT examinations. If two or more candidates secured same in the percentage aggregate marks in BPT examinations, then the date of birth of the candidate will be considered & senior in age will be preferred.In the application form, at least two choices are to be mentioned in course applied for according to preference
For any further clarification candidates can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Counseling and Admission:
a. The candidates must be physically present for counseling and admission. By failing to be present for counseling, the candidates forfeit their right to admission.
b. Appearing in counseling session is not a guarantee for admission. Admission is strictly based on merit and availability of vacancy in respective category and subject specialty.
c. Candidates called for counseling must produce the following original documents. In the absence of any of these original documents, admission will be provisional.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- BPT Mark Sheets.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Four recent, identical passport size photographs and four stamp size photographs.
- Documents as required for admission in North East, Sikkim and NRI categories.
- Caste Certificate from Appropriate Authority claiming relaxation for eligibility marks for SC/ST category.
NOTE: All applicants are advised to keep a photocopy of filled up application form